Founded in 2008, Terranova Synergistic Nutrition is an award-winning supplement company with a range of over 90 different nutritional and botanical products.
Formulated and produced in Great Britain, Terranova is one of the few companies in industry supplements that do not use fillers, binders and additives in its products; and it is also one of the few supplement companies in the world 100% vegan.
Terranova's formulation concept is scientifically advanced and at the same time rooted in the company's deeply holistic principles. This unique approach provides intensely synergistic ingredients and effective, balanced, precise, delicate botanical formulations that contain only active ingredients.
Welcome to the future of supplements.
Terranova was founded in 2008 by Stephen Terrass MRNT, former technical director of one of the largest supplement companies in Europe. Stephen is considered one of the main European authorities in the field of food supplements, with particular attention to the nutraceutical and botanical sciences. In his 38-year career in this area, Stephen has attended more than 500 conferences in 21 countries and has often been a guest lecturer in nutritional medicine at several European universities. Stephen is also the author of eight books, an award-winning series of audio tapes and several magazine articles.
While much of the food supplement industry seems to be focusing on laboratory-isolated natural ingredients, chemicals and plants that no longer show their traditional characteristics, we at Terranova see another future. Isolated vitamins, minerals and nutraceutical ingredients have a significant value for us. We recognize that carefully chosen, intact, unadulterated and fresh phytonutrients are the synergistic key to obtain the maximum result for the well-being and restore a balanced condition of the organism. We have seen how the effects of this synergy can be truly remarkable.
Supplements are most effective thanks to the active ingredients present, so we ask ourselves:
- why are almost all supplements on the market full of inactive ingredients? Fillers, binders, anti-caking agents, lubricants, coating agents, sweeteners, coloring agents, flavoring agents , are the additives commonly used in the production of supplements ... and this list is not even complete. Terranova is one of the few food supplement companies in the world that completely avoids manufacturing additives (also known as excipients) if not the outer capsule in plant-based material. Although additives can make production easier, faster and more profitable, we at Terranova believe that product quality, purity and integrity are more important than maximizing our own profitability. All Terranova products are either in vegetable capsules or in powder or in liquid form ... we do not have tablet products because the production of tablets requires the use of excipients. In the case of capsules, the use of excipients is not absolutely necessary, however we note that almost all the supplements encapsulated on the market equally contain one or more additives.
In Newfoundland we have worked hard to make our brand a "safe haven" for vegetarians and vegans (for ethics, for religious reasons or because of a sensitivity to dairy products). We understand that having to meticulously check the labels of everything you buy can be a burden, so we want vegetarians and vegans to know that when it comes to a Terranova product it will automatically be ideal for those who follow a vegetarian diet and / or vegan. Terranova is one of the very few food supplement companies in the world to offer vegan fitness in 100% of its products.
In order to get the most out of nutritional supplementation, it is necessary to achieve intense synergy within the body. Synergy occurs when the interaction between multiple elements produces effects that are greater than those which the individual elements would have individually. To give its optimal effect, every vitamin, mineral or any other nutrient must be efficiently absorbed, distributed, metabolized and used and must participate in a wide range of interactions with enzymes, co-factors, other nutrients, etc. However, since some factors such as genetics, diet, lifestyle, gender, age and stress levels affect the body's ability to generate a high level of synergy, the effectiveness of a supplement can vary from person to person. So it is the environment in the body that determines how useful a supplement will be - and this has been the driving concept in the development of each Terranova product.
Unlike most supplements on the market, the key ingredients of Terranova supplements are not just nutrients (e.g. isolated minerals or vitamins). Each Terranova product containing vitamins or minerals also contains its own complex of highly synergistic plant ingredients, called Magnifood. The Magnifood Complex is designed to:
- Improve or support the absorption, bioavailability, use, activity, stability, function and effect of the product's nutrients;
- Provide synergistic enzymes and crucial co-factors to the use and functions of the product's nutrients;
- Provide a wide range of phytonutrients that improve the product's potential functions and / or applications;
- Providing ingredients that improve the overall content of vitamins and minerals in the product;
- Protect the ingredients from oxidative damage and support their stability and activity in the product.
Stabilized rice bran (CRS) is the component of almost all Magnifood complexes. What difference is there between rice bran, which would inhibit the absorption of certain substances due to the presence of Phytic acid and the stabilized rice bran used by Terranova? Terranova products use stabilized rice bran, which is different from rice bran, in that it undergoes an extrusion process which strongly reduces the protein quantity of the product, including phytin (phytic acid). On the contrary, this process does not alter the structure of the vitamins and minerals that make stabilized rice bran (CRS) a superfood.
Many of the botanical ingredients, rich in phytonutrients, used by Terranova are cryo-dried fresh. The standard commercial methods used to obtain the supplements apply chemical extracts to the original plant to concentrate (titration) a particular active ingredient. This procedure splits the original extract, reducing the range of phytonutrients present in the product, and very often by altering the enzymatic structures of the phytoextract. On the other hand, research shows how fresh freeze-drying actually protects and retains the biochemical integrity and enzymatic activity of plants. In fact, the biochemical profile of a fresh freeze-dried plant closely resembles the profile of the original fresh plant, but with a higher concentration, due to the removal of the humidity of the plant. In other words, Newfoundland's freshly dried botanical components are a highly concentrated version of the original plant.
Many of the botanical ingredients, rich in phytonutrients, used by Terranova are certified organic, they come from ethically harvested wild plants. The Eclectic Institute is a 90-acre, certified organic farm, located in a remarkably isolated location in the state of Oregon, USA, in an impressive setting, surrounded by the native forest, the canyon formed by the Sandy River and the magnificent Mount Hood background. Each Eclectic Institute crop is pristine, grown in a chemical-free environment and is harvested at the stage when plants have reached their maximum levels of bioactive markers. The Eclectic Institute is highly qualified for spontaneous botanical ingredients. Experienced operators carefully collect plants from areas that have not been sprayed with pesticides or herbicides. The Eclectic Institute works in the area in an environmentally sustainable way without endangering plant species and the delicate balance of the ecosystem.